Monday, March 8, 2010

So, I could appreciate some prayer.

Lately, I have been miserable. I couldn't figure out why for awhile, but after much prayer, the Holy Spirit showed me the sin in my life.

As graduation is (hopefully) approaching, I have been having a life crisis of sorts. I have been looking nervously into a future of uncertainty. I do not have a plan, and I do not have an idea of what I will be doing upon graduation. Because I do not know what tomorrow will bring, I am looking back at what I have or have not accomplished.

And that is where the problems are starting. I feel like I am not the person that I wanted to be. I feel like I am graduating with nothing to show for it. I have a specific sort of person who I thought that I should be like in my mind that I feel like I have fallen short of.

As these feelings have been showing up, I have been trying to be that person. I have been trying to gain the respect of others and leave some sort of "legacy" behind me. But the results have been painful for me. I have been living a self-centered life the past month. I have been relying on myself and my own understanding. I have been trying to create an identity for myself, and identity separate from Christ.

Because of my selfishness I have not made Christ my identity. I have sought to make a self serving and self seeking identity that glorifies myself. I have been wanting people to look at me and see me. People should look at me and see Christ.

I have been shown my sin and am repenting from this. Please pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment